We received a warm welcome when we performed at Ebenezer Church Begelly on Friday 28th October. Our varied programme which delighted the audience was in aid of church funds one of the many charity concerts that we have performed this year. We were joined for two of the livelier pieces Siyahamba & African Alleluia, by Phillip Davies of Sir Thomas Picton School whose bongo playing kept the tempo going and the audience’s toes taping. Another young talent Fred Stace–Smith of Tenby Greenhill School delighted the audience with his accomplished trumpet playing; Fred was accompanied by his mother Sharon Stace-Smith on the piano. Individual talents also shone through, with Carol Mayhew, Emma Halls and Frances Oates leading the us into ‘Bright Morning Stars’ Frances again lead the way into ‘This is the day’ whilst Rose Goodall took the lead into ‘Hallelujah Get Happy’ and one of our new members Katheryn Page took the solo part of ‘How can I keep from Singing’. Unusually our Musical Director Nancy Mann took to the stage in song with fellow member Frances with their rendition of ‘Duet for two cats’ which brought a smile to lots of faces, they were accompanied on the piano by Janice Goodwin. Our accompanist Gerry Nicholas accompanied us for the rest of the concert.
The concert at Ebenezer was the last one before the we start practicing for our Christmas performance, this year the concert on 9th December at St. Mary’s Church Haverfordwest will not only be a celebration of Christmas but also a celebration of twenty five years of making music together. The concert as always promises to be full of festive cheer with plenty of audience participation and time to enjoy mince pies and mulled wine afterwards.
Anyone interested in joining us is welcome to come along to the Catholic Church Hall Due Street Haverfordwest on Thursday evening at 7.30pm for further information please contact our secretary Janice Goodwin on 01834 860953.
- Christmas Concert - Friday 9th December 2016 we performed our 25th Christmas concert at St. Mary’s Church Haverfordwest, we have performed at St. Mary’s since 1991 and this concert was extra special as Continue Reading
- Autumn Evening - Saturday 1st. October we along with many friends enjoyed an Autumn Evening of food & fun. Meeting at Crundale Community Hall, the evening started with a most interesting talk by Jonathan Continue Reading
- Rhosygilwen Opera Gala July 2016 - Opera Gala Rhosygilwen We took the range of our accomplishment (and probably our reputation) up a very distinct notch when we took part in Rhosygilwen’s Evening of Opera on 15th Continue Reading
- Winchester Trip - We continued our Summer Tour with a very successful trip to Winchester recently. We left St. Thomas Green Haverfordwest at 11am on Thursday 9th June and were greeted at the Continue Reading
- July 16th Opera Gala at Rhosygilwen - MADAMA BUTTERFLY by Puccini Directed by Henry Ward Featuring a full evening of wonderful songs and arias from a reduced version of Puccini’s Madama Butterfly and a second half opera Continue Reading